This topic is super exciting for me! Being remote is tough because I only get small doses of the SlideBelts crew and I always want more. Instead of giving you just one thing about me, I decided to come up with my top 5!
1. I'm colorblind! Most of you already knew this but when I tell people this for the first time, I think they get thrown off because my hair is so colorful. I have never known the color purple but somehow it's my favorite color. I always hold it up to my hubby and go, "oooo, pretty. What color is this!?" and it's ALWAYS purple.
2. I've been with my guy for more than half my life, we were high school sweethearts. Gross, I know...
3. I'm a huge horror/gore fan. My eyes lit up during the Saw movies and that's how I found out I'm a weirdo. Not a fan of real blood though, I get a lot of anxiety that the person's in a lot of pain.
4. I'm studying Mortuary Science to become a mortician. Did I mention I was a weirdo? I also have a degree in Psychology.
5. I'm a bit of a neat freak and really stress when things are unorganized.
Thanks for learning about little ol' me! :)
So, I've always been an active person. I've much preferred going out and participating in activities rather than reading about or watching other people do them through websites like Youtube.
Activities such as surfing and snowboarding, to things like creating a suit of 'armor' and dressing up for a convention, the act of going out and doing 'the thing' is what was fun.
Now being stuck inside for most of the time, I've actually found time to put towards watching other people do the things they like, and it's a whole world being opened up! Everything from taking a nostalgic trip to the past by watching someone play old retro games to learning how to deep sea fish, has become quite an exciting adventure in it's own way.
There's always more out there to remember and learn as well.. next on my list: Learning how to Fence!
Happy November everyone! In some of my previous blog posts I know I’ve mentioned one of my favorite hobbies is, of course, reading! But another hobby I really enjoy is playing video games! Some of you around the office may have noticed me playing Nintendo Switch and it’s because my new obsession is Animal Crossing! For those of you who don’t know, the game is about inhabiting your own island that you basically build and customize with fun animal character residents and daily challenges. I don’t know why, but I love it! It’s so relaxing but super fun! Recently, in the game you could decorate with Halloween themed decorations and dress up in a costume! And I can’t wait to see what they have for Christmas!
Although I love Animal Crossing, some other games I play regularly are Rocket League, Diablo 3, Borderlands, as well as digital versions of board games like Monopoly and Catan :)