Forgotten Ingredient Sun, Aug 02, 2020
Food!!! A favorite and universal topic! Throughout the pandemic, getting favorite treats or take out from our favorite restaurants has been what kept me and my husband sane! A lot of people I know took the time at home to discover new recipes and learn new cooking techniques...however, I am definitely not a master chef! haha I know my way around the kitchen and I’ve mastered the basics, but when it comes to more advanced cooking or more technical skills, I usually just say “No.”
I’ll never forget one of my first times making a pumpkin pie. I definitely enjoy baking and one of the strategies I usually use is to get out all the ingredients I need and have them on the counter, that way I know I have everything and it’s easy to reach. I had placed the pie crust, mixed all the filling, and placed it all inside the pie pan, and AFTER I put it in the oven and started putting away ingredients, there was one (...or more) that I realized I didn’t even use! I quickly took the pie out and scooped all the filling out so I could remix it and fix my error haha. Luckily, the pie turned out well, I think it was for Thanksgiving so the holiday was saved ;) But it’s always a story I remember when I do that prep and get out ingredients beforehand haha
I also want to go ahead and share one of my favorite recipes that’s easy enough even I can cook it ;) it’s definitely not the healthiest and has nothing to do with pie, but it’s too good not to share. It’s a chicken alfredo with homemade alfredo sauce! Ah! So good!
• ½ cup butter
• 1 pint heavy whipping cream (2 cups)
• 4 ounces cream cheese
• ½ teaspoon minced garlic
• 1 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
• ¼ teaspoon salt
• ¼ teaspoon pepper
• 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
1. In a medium saucepan add butter, heavy whipping cream, and cream cheese. Cook over medium heat and whisk until melted. Add the minced garlic, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Continue to whisk until smooth. Add the grated parmesan cheese.
2. Bring to a simmer and continue to cook for about 3-5 minutes or until it starts to thicken. Toss it with your favorite pasta!