Don't stress meowt Thu, Jan 24, 2019
Congratulations on our first week in the New Building, We made it!
Jurassic Park has exceeded expectations and it is really starting to become SlideBelts new home.
Moving involves a bunch of factors such as organizing, packing, planning, unpacking and reorganizing! I bet everyone agrees that moving can be stressful,
especially leaving our old home that everyone knows and have grown attached too.
I have learned that everyone's life will change and it messes with the normal routine of how things are done.
Any change can be stressful, I've learned that you might not be able to plan for every little hiccup that can happen, but it is how we handle the stress.
Here is a little check list to help handle the change:
1) Make sure to say goodbye to the old place, it wasn't perfect but it perfectly got us to this new place!
2) Take a breathe when you are feeling overwhelmed. You aren't alone we are a company that works together.
3) Time, give yourself time to get things done. We can acknowledge the feeling but we shouldn't let it take us away from the task at hand.
4) Give everyone a break, Moving is difficult it can add to any emotional stress inside or outside of work.
5) Make sure to treat yourself! Self love is a big thing for me in 2019. Make sure to do things for yourself, like PingPong at lunch or doing a paint night with wine and chocolate after work! (What..Just me?)
7) Enjoy the new place and Explore! Take a good long look, walk around and check out all the beef cattle!
Overall, remember this is a new step forward and we make the best out of everything that is given to us.
Accepting that stress is a part of the process and it can be hard, but it isn't the end of the world. Let's try to build a new bond with Jurassic Park and finding all the joy in SlideBelts new home!