Get Fit at Work?! Wed, Apr 11, 2018
I sit at my desk all day every day, which leaves my body feeling tired and lazy from the lack of movement. Here are some pretty awesome stretches and exercises I found that have helped:
- Sit up tall and drop your right ear down towards your right shoulder (you don’t have to touch it!) and hold for a few seconds and repeat for the left side.
- Interlace your fingers and reach up towards the sky, as high as you can … keeping your palms facing up towards the ceiling.
- Raise both shoulders up towards your ears and hold for a few seconds and release. Repeat a few times for good measure.
- Bring your hands behind your back, press your palms together, sit up tall and hold for 5–10 seconds.
- With a bent knee, lift your right leg up and grab it with your arms and pull it in as close to your chest as you can. Hold for 5–10 seconds and make sure and do it on the left side, too.
- Extend your right arm over your head and reach out as far as you can to the left and gently bend over. Hold for a few seconds and do it the other way.
These next exercises are for the fearless:
- Walk/Jog/Run in place for 30–45 seconds, 3–5 times. This one is as simple as it sounds. Stand up from your chair and get to it. Anyone can do this one, you are in control of the intensity based on the pace you choose.
- Squats - From your chair, stand up, sit back down and repeat. Simple!
- Calf Raises - Stand up behind your chair and hold on for support. Raise your heels off the floor until you are standing on your toes. Slowly lower yourself back to the floor.
Remember to have fun and listen to your body!