Do You Have A Morning Routine? Thu, Oct 18, 2018
Hiiii everyone. I've been trying to wake up early and create a solid morning routine for myself. I am here to inform you that it is not as simple as one may think! In a recent Forbes article, author Ken Brokaw wrote that he is the most productive as soon as he wakes up. Brokaw also states, "Creating a morning routine for yourself is essential to a successful life. Waking up earlier than usual will give you ample time to focus on your goals and conquer the day with more energy, mindfulness and strength.".
Here are some tips I've picked up in the past couple weeks to help me get closer to what I think will be the most productive and sweet morning routine for myself:
- Prepare the night before- Don't just sleep, get good sleep! To help me with this, I leave my phone in the living room (:
- If you have an iPhone, use the bedtime app. The sound of the alarm is sooo much better
- Get up after the first alarm. Just do it. And make your bed so it's not as welcoming.
- Have your gym clothes or outfit for the day ready to go so you have less decisions to make in the morning
- Spend 15 minutes journaling! Doing this in the morning has helped me to be so much more productive and focused throughout my day <3
- Give yourself something to look forward to- favorite podcast/show, music, coffee, walking your dog, writing a blog. It can be anything(:
- If you guys have anything cool to add, I want to know!